Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 DVI Monitors on HD5770 Card

I want to run 3 DVI monitors from my HD 5770 card. Can I ues the standard Apple Mini DVI to DVI Adapter or does it need to be the £70 Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter !

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 2:48 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2012 3:15 AM in response to zwillis

You need two active dvi adapters to drive three monitors on the 5x70 cards.

Read these:

Mac Pro (Mid 2010), Mac Pro (Early 2009): Issues with three displays and multiple DVI, HDMI connections

Mac Pro (Early 2009), Mac Pro (Mid 2010): Supported display configurations

If any of them have resolutions less than 1920 x 1200 then you can use single link active adapters. The "AMD Eyefinity Validated Dongles" chart shows some active (and passive) adapters that are acceptable. For example of a single link DVI active adapter is the Accell B087B-006B. An example of a dual link DVI active adapter would be the one from monoprice.com if you need to connect monitors with a resolution greater than 1920 x 1200.

Here's a good explaination of what's going in here and why you need two active adapters on these cards:

Active vs. Passive Displayport adapters *the truth*

3 DVI Monitors on HD5770 Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.