Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"An Unexpected Error Occured. Try Again."

I am trying to get my second Airport Extreme to extend my wireless network but every time I tell it to do it during the setup process using airport utility I get a message saying "An unexpected error occured. Try again."

Any help/ideas?

Thanks Guys/Girls

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 1:49 AM

8 replies

May 23, 2012 6:11 PM in response to Pozzi93

I am having the same issue.

Are you using another router brand (not Apple) for the main wireless network?

I am using a MyMax MWR/WR923-BK 802.11n router. When setting up the Airport Extreme it can find the wireless networkg but stuck on the "waiting for Airport Express..." message then comes the error message. After the message, the Airport Utility can't find the AE anymore and I need to reset it.

The network router is set up to enable network extension and the password is WPA.

Anybody?

May 24, 2012 7:09 AM in response to HACKINT0SH

Thanks for the info.

I downloaded the Airport Utility 5.6 and I could JOIN the network.

But I couldn't EXTEND the network as planned. I received a messa that "THIS NETWORK CANNOT BE EXTENDED.

I read several posts saying Airport Express will not wirelessly extend wireless networks from other router brands, but I still don't believe. I've tried to configure it manually, setting up IP's, DNS and other info to avoid conflict but... I can't find the main router's configuration for "ENABLE THIS NETWORK TO BE EXTENDED" (like all Airport models).

Is there any advanced config to make this network extendable?

"An Unexpected Error Occured. Try Again."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.