Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

echo on audiobooks on ipod 4

I have downloaded two audiobooks from audible.com. They play fine on my macbook pro and on my iPad 2. My ipod touch however has an awful echo. I found an old thread about this, but the recommendation applied to older ipods. I contacted audible and they were very nice and told me the first book was marked as vintage so they gave me another one (both by Terry Pratchett in the discworld series). I tried resetting my ipod and that did nothing. Any ideas?

thanks,

Joe

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 750 gb hard drive, 4 gb ram, i7 pro

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 3:55 AM

I figured it out! After searching online and getting a lot of incorrect advice (there is no setting for speed in preferences on my ipod touch using IOS 3), I found that if you tap the screen when the audiobook is playing an info bar comes up at the top. The speed was set to 1/2x and changing it to 1x got rid of the echo. Who knew?

Thanks!

Joe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2012 3:55 AM in response to jazzhand

I figured it out! After searching online and getting a lot of incorrect advice (there is no setting for speed in preferences on my ipod touch using IOS 3), I found that if you tap the screen when the audiobook is playing an info bar comes up at the top. The speed was set to 1/2x and changing it to 1x got rid of the echo. Who knew?

Thanks!

Joe

echo on audiobooks on ipod 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.