Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod mini 1st generation recall?

I have two of the first generation Ipod minis (one silver and one pink). The pink one has a hard drive that will not read (most likely went bad) but the silver one is still operating in fair condition. I can listen to the music via ihome speakers, but the click wheel will not function and my computer cannot read the device. My question is since there is a current recall for 1st generation ipod nanos, will there or was there ever a recall for this 1st generation minis? Granted, this model is extremely outdated, but curious minds want to know. If it cannot be repaired, is there any way that the music on the device can be transferred to hard drive?

Ipod Mini-OTHER, iOS 1.x

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 11:11 AM

1 reply

Aug 7, 2018 1:15 PM in response to Ayeka2004

No, I understand there is an iPod nano replacement sytem. That is the only recall possible. If you want any money back I would reccomend sending it to a company like http://earth911.com/irecycle/ and get a few bucks. If this is the answer you want, please press the "This solved my question" button.

ipod mini 1st generation recall?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.