Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac upgrade to Lion or not?

Seeking informed opinions, please. 🙂 I have a mid-2010 iMac (4GB) and have yet to install Lion. However, I have recently purchased an iPad and iPhone and would like to avail myself of the benefits of iCloud. It's becoming clear that ain't gonna happen on Snow Leopard, so.... I'm concerned about the performance issues I've readd about with Lion and am nervous to take the plunge. I know about the Power PC issue and it looks like the only thing that would be affected is my HP Software Updater. Assuming I'm okay with losing that - would you advise running Lion on a machine like mine? Or do I wait and buy something beefier in a couple of years (and maybe wait for Apple to work out some of their "issues") and get over my iCloud crush?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 12:47 PM

6 replies

Apr 27, 2012 1:19 PM in response to rodeoamy

Please do some searches for problems with iCloud and syncing all devices to it. Some get it to work, other don't. Some find dups of addresses in the Address book I guess other don't.

Be adviced that some older programs do not work under Lion. If you have some of them that you don't feel the need to upgrade to versions that do work on Lion then maybe Lion isn't for you.

As far as your machine it should be able to run Lion without to much problem but it will be slower then with Snow Leopard.

Good Luck.

iMac upgrade to Lion or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.