Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio sync issue -- sound recorded at 44.1khz image sound at 48khz

hey team:

so I recorded a music session the other night with 2 canon 60Ds, which recorded the audio at 48khz. I recorded the audio separately to a computer running Ableton Live, which has recorded the tracks at 44.1khz.

I used PluralEyes to sync the footage and audio. All's well syncing the footage, but the audio, being a different frequency, drifts from sync.

I've searched a lot of internet archives on this matter, but none of them seem to work. I've used Compressor to resample to 48, but it still drifts. I've used Soundtrack Pro to resample, but it still drifts. I've gone back to Ableton LIve and re-exported at 48, but it still drifts.

I've even taken my 48khz resampled file and retimed it using markers at the beginning and end of a long clip. The weird thing is that it syncs at the beginning, is out in the middle and syncs again at the end. I'm assuming this is because the sound wave of 44.1khz is slightly elongated compared to 48khz, so they will sync at points but not throughout.

Have already lost about 8 hours to this nonsense.

Does anyone have a solution?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 2:05 PM

2 replies

audio sync issue -- sound recorded at 44.1khz image sound at 48khz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.