Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

False Power PC no longer supported error

Recently my MacPro has been giving multiple errors that I can't open a particular application because PowerPC application are no longer supported. It references an application that I don't have on my computer and I'm not trying to open. I keeps listing the error over and over. Last night it listed it 88 times before I woke up this morning. They list one on top of the other running down from the middle of the screen to the right lower corner and then pile up there. I don't know what to do other than erase the drive and reformat and I really don't want to do that. I'm attaching a screenshot.

This shot shows 8 repeats in about 4 hours one day last week. This started about 3 months after I installed Lion, and I haven't installed anything else since I upgraded to Lion.

Any help will be appreciated. I am really tired of deleting these error messages. Thanks very much.

User uploaded file

Mac Pro (Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Tons of ram

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 4:58 PM

9 replies

Apr 29, 2012 8:17 AM in response to jsd2

I have done all that you all suggested. Thanks for the tips on Astropulse and Find any File. I wasn't familiar with them. ds, I ran through the list you suggested. I had already done many of these things myself, although I have always wondered how to repair permissions from the startup disk instead of in utilities.

I deleted Astropulse Darwin (it showed up 6 times). I will see if that fixes the problem and let you know. Thanks for the help.

May 3, 2012 5:53 AM in response to Stephen Glick

Well, I have removed anything that says astropulse that I can find, as well as anything that says seti. I think I have them all gone but they keep reappearing. Sometimes I go for a day without any errors and then suddenly they reappear, and all the files I though I removed are back again. I've also been going after darwin, so I'm deleting lots of stuff. I will give it a little more time, but if this keeps up, I'm afraid I'll need to reformat the disk and reload everything.

May 3, 2012 3:29 PM in response to Barney-15E

OK. That's good to know, and I didn't know that Darwin is needed. I hope I didn't delete anything important, though mostly it sayd darwin astropulse or darwin seti. Thanks. I'm still getting false readings, and I can't find any more Seti files or Astropulse files. What else can I do?

And, if all else fails and I have to erase the disk, how do I reinstall Lion, since I won't be able to get on the internet to download it again?

False Power PC no longer supported error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.