Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail & Notes

I'm not sure I understand the reason for using iCloud for Mail & Notes. When i delete a message from my phone, iPad or computer, it already automatically gets updated the next time I check the other device.

1. What is the advantage of using iCloud for mail?

2. Can I synch notes between an iPad and iPhone with iCloud without also synching the mail through iCloud?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 3:07 AM

iCloud can provide you with an IMAP e-mail account, if you don't already have an IMAP e-mail account, you might find this quite useful since only IMAP accounts can sync mail between different devices.

Yes, you can sync notes between iOs devices without syncing mail. On an OS X device though, mail and notes are tied together, at least until the next operating system.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2012 3:07 AM in response to Mark P1

iCloud can provide you with an IMAP e-mail account, if you don't already have an IMAP e-mail account, you might find this quite useful since only IMAP accounts can sync mail between different devices.

Yes, you can sync notes between iOs devices without syncing mail. On an OS X device though, mail and notes are tied together, at least until the next operating system.

Apr 28, 2012 12:11 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I can not get my notes to synch between my iPad and iPhone. I have iCloud turned on for both of these, and I was forced to make a new @me.com account on my iPad which makes no sense to me since everything is synching through my primary iCloud account, and it still is not synching my notes.

What am I missing? And, what is the need for creating the @me.com acount when I'm already able to synch bookmarks amongst my iOS and OSX devices?

Thanks.

Apr 28, 2012 12:25 PM in response to Mark P1

First check that all your settings are correct, that notes syncing (mail and notes on a computer) is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).

Make sure the notes you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' account and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud account (you can do this by checking in accounts on an iOS device, or the left side panel in mail on a computer), non iCloud notes will not sync.

If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your notes are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking notes syncing (mail and notes on a computer) in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling notes syncing.

The me address you have been asked to create is merely an alternative address for your Apple ID. It's the address you can use with your iCloud mail, iCloud mail will not work with other mail accounts.

Mail & Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.