Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad AirPrint did work now doesnt

I used to be able to print from my iPad to my hpM1212nf MFP printer but now it says it can't find a printer. I have an Airport Timecapsule router. I have tried updating the firmware on the printer and rebooting the router, printer and iPad. No luck. Please help.

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 7:06 PM

If it used to work, it still should.sounds like you tried every thing, but run through the list again.

Reboot the printer

Reboot the router

Reboot the pad.

Pad settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Test the printer wifi connection by -from the printer console- check for firware updates.

Run your hp test page.

Make sure the printer is not offline, or shut down due to paper jam or ink problem.

Don't give up. God luck.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2012 7:06 PM in response to gardnerbev

If it used to work, it still should.sounds like you tried every thing, but run through the list again.

Reboot the printer

Reboot the router

Reboot the pad.

Pad settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Test the printer wifi connection by -from the printer console- check for firware updates.

Run your hp test page.

Make sure the printer is not offline, or shut down due to paper jam or ink problem.

Don't give up. God luck.

Jun 8, 2015 2:47 PM in response to pjl123

Same problem here, but the "reboot, reset, power off and on" thing didn't work. I also "forgot" the network and found it again, but no progress to report. It was running last week, but not now, and I have not upgraded the iPad OS (I'm holding at 8.1 after the 8.0 fiasco). The HP print app (ver 4.4.0) could not find the printer. I had to provide the IP address, but then I could print reports from the HP print app, so the iPad is talking to the printer. but cannot print anything from other apps, like Notepad, Pages, etc. After "contacting the printer" for several minutes, it eventually returns a "printer is offline" message. Seems odd, but there's a hand-off problem between the HP print app and the other iOS apps. We have another iPad in the house that has developed the same problem.

iPad AirPrint did work now doesnt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.