Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Documents (picture files) in Recent Items issues

My machine is a 2009 MacBook Air with Lion (10.7.3) and I just noticed recently that I can still open the JPG files in Recent Items even though I have already deleted those JPG files. (When I click on the file name from Recent Items menu, Preview still opens the JPG file)

Does this have to do with Lion's Auto Save & Versions? I have tried to search for the file, but I can't find where the file location is. Is there a way to delete pictures completely?

I have searched for solutions, but I couldn't find answers directly to my issue. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Mid 2009

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 8:21 PM

If you using Apple Menu>Recent Items, then hold down the Command key when doing so. This should offer to show these items in the Finder.

2 replies

Apr 27, 2012 11:40 PM in response to jsd2

Thank you so much for the help!

Going by your solution, I was able to find the file location.

I found out it's not because of the Auto Save & Versions, it is actually because of Messages (iMessage). I received these pictures on my Messages and I guess the app automatically saves the pictures in the Messages folder when you receive picture files.

Documents (picture files) in Recent Items issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.