Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported photo missing but taking up space!

Hi guy's

I hope someone can help me out with this. I exported my iPhoto library to an external drive, when checking through the photos after the export my Mac Book battery decided to die. The next time I opened iPhoto the pictures had gone. Panic ensued and I decided to look on the external HD, they were still there, stupidly, I decided to import them all back to the Mac Book, they have now all been transfered but are totally invisible.

I am unable to see them in iPhoto and can not find them on the Mac HD even though they are taking up a huge amount of space. Can anyone tell me where they would be?

Thanks!

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 10:00 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2012 2:30 AM in response to Yer_Man

Sorry, I moved the library to the external drive, when the photos disappeared from iPhoto I imported into the library. The photos then did not appear on iPhoto but did use up a load of space on the HD without being visible (unable to find them when searching). As I said above I think I have found them now in the hidden volumes folder. Duplicates and copy of original library.

Imported photo missing but taking up space!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.