Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on some movies

Some movies and some Netflix tv shows play on sound on my LG TV.! I tried all the common fixes like dropping down to 16 bit audio and 720 vs 1080 p on the video. Still no sound? This was from the Bob Marley movie and from Netflix Hawaii 50.

BUt many other movies and shows work fine,

WHat is the trick?

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 1:02 AM

Have you got Dolby Digital set to On - if so it may be forcing DD to the TV which does not know how to decode it - this would only be evidenct if the TV show actually had a DD soundtrack.

AC

13 replies

May 27, 2012 3:50 PM in response to Zipur74

I have the same thing going on w Netflix and iTunes purchased movies. Some play the audio and others do not, winters bone on iTunes, men that stare at goats on Netflix there's no audio. Movies had always worked fine for me till latest update. I have atv2 connected to my receiver via hdmi. I've tried setting audio to 16 bit, no change. I've tried resetting and restoring, no change. Im out of ideas. Anyone else?

Jan 4, 2013 11:54 AM in response to Zipur74

I've had the same problem for months with new HD shows or movies since the Apple TV update several months ago. After many, many hours on the phone to my Internet provider and apple support, finally the problem has been solved by turning Dolby sound off in Apple TV audio settings. Like you, when I downloaded an Apple TV movie preview, the sound worked, but when I actually paid to rent it, it didn't work. Try it! I am happy now!

Jul 14, 2013 10:45 AM in response to Zipur74

After working fine for months I mysteriously lost sound on my AppleTV with Netflix and Sky News. Youtube and iTunes / shared computers worked fine. I changed the Dolby settings on the AppleTV but that didn't help. But it gave me a clue--I changed the Dolby settings on my amp & that fixed it. Apparently someone had accidentally changed the amp settings using the remote.

No sound on some movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.