Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i switch keyboard from qwerty to azerty?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 11:51 PM

7 replies

Apr 29, 2012 10:44 AM in response to silasfunk

As promised;

System Preferences > Language and Text > Input Sources tab. Top of the left column, tick (check) "Keyboard and Character Viewer", Bottom of window next to search field, tick "Show input menu in menu bar"

System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard tab; tick "show keyboard and character viewers in menu bar"

User uploaded file

If you have more than one input enabled, the national flag of the selected one will show in the menu bar (on the right), otherwise it'll be a grey window icon.

You can switch languages from the menu drop-down.

If you open the keyboard viewer, you can see where the characters are for the new layout.

User uploaded file

If you're going to need the azerty very often, it may be worth buying another keyboard, or you may be able to find an overlay rather than having the viewer on screen all the time. (it floats over all other windows, so can get in the way a bit).

Feb 22, 2015 2:04 AM in response to silasfunk

guys , its surprising, dat why everybody suggesting buy a extra keyboard !! i have a better solution ! go to System Preferences > Language and Text > Input Sources tab then click on + button to add more keyboard layout ! now you guys choose the french language then choose french numeric keyboard, as it is in AZERTY format !well, now you can go back and use ( - ) button to delete the old keyboard layout ! as now u will have only french layout of AZERTY , so Here we go ! Problem Solved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.