Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost contacts when restoring new phone with old phones back up?

I have just bought a new lap top and I have transferred all my files over to it. I backed up my I phone 3gs and then restored my new I phone 4gs with the back up. Everything went well except my contacts and apps are not on my new 4gs? Mail settings, old text messages pictures etc all there? Where can I find them?

The second problem I had is I downloaded the latest software on my I phone 4 it has lost all my contacts after finishing the download? Where have they gone?

iPhone 4, Windows XP

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 11:52 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2012 11:59 PM in response to kazeill

If your contacts are still on your 3GS download the free app My Contacts backup on your 3GS. It will back up your contacts and an email attachment. Send this email to yourself and open it on your 4S. Tap the attachment to import your contacts to your 4S. Don't know what to tell you about your iPhone 4; your contacts there are probably gone. If they are the same as the ones on your 3GS, open the same email and import your contacts on your iPhone 4.

Apr 28, 2012 12:11 AM in response to kazeill

One more thing...if you no longer have service on your 3GS and can't send an email, connect it to iTunes and make another backup, then try restoring the 4S from this backup to see if you get your contacts back this time. To do this, sync your 3GS with iTunes (which will create a backup), then connect your 4S to iTunes and when it appears on the left sidebar right-click on its name and choose Restore from Backup, choose the 3GS backup to restore from.

Lost contacts when restoring new phone with old phones back up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.