Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exposé vs Mission Control

There's one thing I'm really missing from Snow Leopard in recent months which has been replaced by what I regard as Lion's inferior 'Mission Control'.

How many times would you sit down, open up 20 or so Photoshop files and toggle between the F9 and F10 keys to present all 20 pictures instantly on the desktop using Exposé. Mission Control doesn't perform nearly as well doing the same task.

Has anyone over the months since Lion was released found a workaround which is as good as Exposé?

lm2

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 2:47 AM

6 replies

Apr 28, 2012 2:57 AM in response to londonman2

londonman2 wrote:

There's one thing I'm really missing from Snow Leopard in recent months which has been replaced by what I regard as Lion's inferior 'Mission Control'.

How many times would you sit down, open up 20 or so Photoshop files and toggle between the F9 and F10 keys to present all 20 pictures instantly on the desktop using Exposé. Mission Control doesn't perform nearly as well doing the same task.

Has anyone over the months since Lion was released found a workaround which is as good as Exposé?

lm2

No workaround, but have a read up here if you want. I'm a fan of Mission Control over Spaces personally.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3202271?answerId=17544694022#17544694022

Good Luck

Pete

Apr 28, 2012 3:06 AM in response to Alberto Ravasio

Hi Alberto,

Sure. But in Photoshop you used to be able to toggle everything that was open on your machine pressing one button (F9 which would show desktop etc and other files - similar to 'Mission Control') and then using another button toggle just your Photoshop files (F10 which only showed the files in that particular application and NOT all the other files open on your machine) that were open by hitting the other key. In Mission Control you can only hit the one key and opens up (reveals) everything...

Working with art directors it was cool as the OSX darkened the background and say you'd been on a shoot you could instantly press F10 and get say 20 pics up on the screen. If you do that using Mission Control you get everything that's open and other material displaying.

lm2

Exposé vs Mission Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.