Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In my Safari bookmarks bar the system puts a number in brackets after the title. This is not present on any other title and if I delete it, the system puts it back. Why is this and how do I get rid of the number permanently?

In my Safari bookmarks bar the system puts a number in brackets after the title. This is not present on any other title and if I delete it, the system puts it back. Why is this and how do I get rid of the number permanently?

Mac mini (Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3), none

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 5:17 AM

Does the bookmark refer to an RSS feed? You can tell if it does by the address starting with "feed".

If so, the number tells you how many new/unread items there are. You can make Safari stop doing that via a checkbox in Safari Preferences, RSS.

charlie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2012 5:17 AM in response to jbs12345

Does the bookmark refer to an RSS feed? You can tell if it does by the address starting with "feed".

If so, the number tells you how many new/unread items there are. You can make Safari stop doing that via a checkbox in Safari Preferences, RSS.

charlie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.