Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is OS X Lion Server???

Hello,

Can someone explain to what OS X Lion Server is?

I have googled it, but I can'tr follow the wiki explanation.

Is it Lion for businesses, schools and the like.

Is it not for the "common" user?

Regards

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 7:23 AM

NeddySeagoon wrote:

Yes, where there are more people thus computers involved needed to access shared data

No it's not for the typical single user in most cases or those not computer savvy, but it is easier for people who need that sort of thing and not computer savvy with server systems.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2012 7:23 AM in response to NeddySeagoon

NeddySeagoon wrote:

Yes, where there are more people thus computers involved needed to access shared data

No it's not for the typical single user in most cases or those not computer savvy, but it is easier for people who need that sort of thing and not computer savvy with server systems.

Apr 28, 2012 8:43 AM in response to NeddySeagoon

Lion Server is Adminstrator software "for home offices, businesses, schools, and more". I use it for 130+ classroom Macs on two campuses. Primarily for creating NetRestore images to update the classroom Macs and checked out loaner MacBook Pros each semester break. But it's also used for mail, calendars, file sharing, etc..

More at Apple...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/server/

What is OS X Lion Server???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.