Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i find the display serial number

When i register for applecare it says i can cover the display for free, but asks for a serial number - where can i find this please?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2017 4:42 PM

You can look you screen serial number under System Preferences -> Displays -> Color -> Color LCD -> Open Profile -> Scroll to bottom to 'mmod' and look at 'Model' below.

I used to have headaches and eye pain with my screen, until I replaced it under warranty (on a non related issue). My new screen doesn't cause eye pain any more.

30-50% of Macbook's screens have this eye-pain and headhache defect. Here is a huge thread that Apple is trying to ignore: Re: Eye strain from LED backlighting in MacBook Pro

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2017 4:42 PM in response to Rosi wdz

You can look you screen serial number under System Preferences -> Displays -> Color -> Color LCD -> Open Profile -> Scroll to bottom to 'mmod' and look at 'Model' below.

I used to have headaches and eye pain with my screen, until I replaced it under warranty (on a non related issue). My new screen doesn't cause eye pain any more.

30-50% of Macbook's screens have this eye-pain and headhache defect. Here is a huge thread that Apple is trying to ignore: Re: Eye strain from LED backlighting in MacBook Pro

User uploaded file

how do i find the display serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.