Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad cellular issues- suspension of Verizon Pre-pay plan

I have a new iPad with Verizon prepaid plan. I activated the Pre-pay plan and bought one month of cellular service in April. Now I want to suspend the cellular service for a couple of months and then reuse is, I.e., buy another month's coverage say in July. How do I do that without deactivating the sim card, and having to go to the Verizon store and have them install a new sim card? Basically,how to suspend cellular service prepay plan without deactivating sim card?

iPad Wi-Fi + 4G (Verizon), iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 10:10 AM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2014 6:41 PM in response to Cocobean7

We started out doing that but then eventually were told that you can only do that so many times a year and we were over that so had to keep it turned on and pay every month. Verizon then suggested we go prepaid and that's what we have started doing. It is either $10 or $20 for one gig and that is enough for us. We call our iPad our poor man's smart phone and use it when we travel so we can be connected in the car or wherever we don't get free wi-fi. The one gig expires one month from the day we start it. It is now disconnected from our Verizon bill. We just call them and they take our credit card number and give us one gig. But remember that it's a use it or lose it--we can't use part of it on one trip, then not use it until our next trip--nope--it's done at the end of the month.

New iPad cellular issues- suspension of Verizon Pre-pay plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.