Skip navigation

Does iOS Support Animated GIF's?

18248 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 1:37 PM by artistjoh RSS
artistjoh Level 2 Level 2 (175 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 28, 2012 11:00 AM

Do animated GIF's play on the iPod or iPhone in mobile Safari by default? I know Flash won't & want to make a decision on best way to put a simple animation into a web site. If not any suggestions on what format best to make animations?

• Wyodor Level 6 Level 6 (19,335 points)
    Apr 28, 2012 11:34 AM (in response to artistjoh)

Can't you make these decisions on your own?

Why not do it?

Here, animated gif, made in the last century :

http://www.wyodor.net/intranet/images/netwerk_anim.gif

It works on my iPad.

• DarenG Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)
    Apr 28, 2012 12:30 PM (in response to artistjoh)

Glad you received your answer.  Why some people on this forum don't seem to have the patience to answer simple questions is beyond me.  If you don't have the patience to give an answer without a snide remark....maybe you should just simply refrain form answering.  I have never been to a forum with so many people acting like arses or so hostile.  Because of the new IPad 1 in 4 purchasers are new to Apple.  Chill out people.

• James Ward4 Level 7 Level 7 (23,140 points)
    Apr 28, 2012 1:11 PM (in response to DarenG)

Yeah, I agree. In fact, it's refreshing to get an inquiry that doesn't consist of "when will the iPad get flash?"

Glad the OP got an answer to his question.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.