Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I or shouldn't I buy a new iMac this weekend?

We've finally decided to upgrade our old G4 eMac in favor of a a new iMac, however I want to make sure I'm not buying an obsolete computer before I even get it home. Does anyone have any ideas on when the next line of iMacs will be unveiled? I've heard June 2012, but not sure how reliable the source is. Does anyone know what the upgrades will be? I know Apple's pretty tight-lipped about their product developments & upgrades, but if anyone has any insight on what to expect (e.g. will the upgrades be significant?) , I'd appreciate it. Microcenter's running a decent sale on their Macs, but I want to buy wisely. Thanks!

-Dave Dobesh

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 11:15 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2012 11:24 AM in response to David Dobesh

No one knows if or when any new products will ever be introduced until they are announced. Anyone claiming to know is full of beans and any posts claiming such information will be summarily deleted.

The moment a new iMac or whatever is introduced, speculation begins on the next unannounced product. Every day without an iMac is a day of productivity lost.

Such sales are not worth it. Buy directly from Apple. Your Mac will arrive at your doorstep about three days after it was assembled, free shipping. Microcenter, Best Buy... who knows. Their discounts are not significant enough to offset the potential problems that could occur if you need warranty service. This forum is full of complaints from people who bought open box specials from Best Buy and the like. Don't do it.

Should I or shouldn't I buy a new iMac this weekend?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.