Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer voice memo to mac?

My iPhone syncs with my Mac A. I need to transfer a 10 minute Voice memo I have on my iPhone to my Mac B. The file is too big to email. What do I do?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 1:28 PM

9 replies

Mar 26, 2013 10:40 AM in response to DW00

Hi. First, you don´t need to download any software.

Go to this link, it explains how to transfer the memo to itunes.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/6403/iphone-transfer-voice-memos-from-iphone-to-c omputer/

Then, it you want to have it play on Apple Tv or hear it from your phone and it still doesn´t work, there is another trick.

Go into iTunes, hold the control button and click on the song/memo you´ve imported. Choose the "Create an AAC Version" option. It will make a copy of the song above or below the original in iTunes. Then you can play this on Apple TV or off your phone like a regular song.

Hope this helps. It worked for me.

Cheers.

Nov 11, 2013 6:58 AM in response to sudevi_dd

Here's the iTunes warning that comes up: <The iPhone “someone's iPhone” is synced with another iTunes library on “someone”. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?> Good one. Now, does that mean my iPhone gets erased first? Am I going to erase the stuff I spent hours recording? iTunes is beyond ridiculously bad. and why isn't it clear that voice memos - evidently a separate app - creates files that have to be managed through the itunes library. But hey - love the giant red button in Voice Memos!

Transfer voice memo to mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.