Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting a photo album from iPhoto

I have edited a picture in iPhoto and deleted the original from camera roll now I can't delete the edited album.What to do ?

I am using iPad

iPad, iOS 5.1, New iPad

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 2:48 PM

9 replies

May 28, 2012 8:20 AM in response to Ralph9430

Ralph with all due respect I don't think it would have been possible for you to miss the point more spectacularly. It doesn't matter that the hidden photos don't appear in other apps, fact is they're still taking up unnecessary space.

However, there is a simple solution so long as you've installed an app on your Mac/PC to allow you to browse your iDevice's folders.

With the iPhoto app closed, navigate to [root] > Apps >iPhoto and delete the Library folder completely. iPhoto will recreate it next time you open the app, which is fine, but the Edited folder (and any others you've made I guess) will be gone, until you edit your photos again.

Jun 20, 2012 12:25 PM in response to tamilz

Sorry I didn't think these communities would take very kindly to explicitly telling people how to hack their phones, so that's why I wasn't specific. Certainly the app I use - iExplorer - works on non-jailbroken phones because my phone isn't jailbroken. It's a bit tedious to use because when you tell it to delete a complete directory it sometimes doesn't properly delete the contents if there are subdirectories; you end up having to go into the subdirectories, delete the files, then delete the subdirectories. But it kind of gets there

Deleting a photo album from iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.