Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I add new screensaver?

how do I add new screensaver? I have downloaded one but unable to add it. Screensaver only has options of adding folder and photos, not of adding new screensaver.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 3:23 PM

8 replies

Apr 29, 2012 12:01 AM in response to red_menace

Hi red_menace,

I have tried this and it does not solve my problem. I have downloaded nike running mini screensaver. which has been isntalled on my mac but it does not show up on the screensaver settings. I tried manually placing it in screen saver folder and it does not work either.

Is there any other way I can make it work???

Thank you

May 2, 2012 9:28 PM in response to Floyd_5

Floyd_5 wrote:

its for a MAC and I think the screensaver is a newer version. When I see the istalled file in downloads it shows same as the screensaver in mac.

I might try intalling some other screensaver and see if it works.

Third Party Screensavers have a fairly poor record of compatability between upgraded OS's let alone stability. It may just be a poorly designed Screensaver or a corrupted download of it.

Pete

May 2, 2012 9:40 PM in response to Floyd_5

Floyd_5 wrote:

But I feel it's the MAC OS not playing nice with other products.... 😟

Believe it or not, when it comes to third party extentions it's 99% the opposite way. Developers are often too lazy to update their software to run with new Operating Systems, be it Apple OSX or Windows. That is why the smaller companies go by the wayside. Just because it's a Nike Screensaver does not mean that the product is up to the standard of their shoes. I would go with your earlier suggestion to try some other third party screensavers and see how they work. I know my favorite was left behind about 4 OSXs ago.

Cheers

Pete

how do I add new screensaver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.