Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got verified for I cloud now there is the wrong apple ID showing and I can't edit it in my phone or iPad- how do I change it?

After being on the phone with apple support I finally got my email to verify my iCloud account - had to supply another email address to use. Now the old email address is in there as my apple ID and I can't edit it - what do I do now?

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 2:57 PM

You can't change the Apple ID for an iCloud account. You'll either have to use it or delete the iCloud account and start over.

7 replies

Apr 28, 2012 3:00 PM in response to J88grim

in icloud settings or store settings? or both?

go to:

appleid.apple.com > manage your account; (put he old email as your appleid username and your usual password)

then remove your old email addtess from your account

go back to icloud settings (on your phone) > tap "delete account" at the bottom > its gonna ask you "what do you want to do with the previously synced icloud contacts/calendars on this phone" > tap KEEP ON MY IPHONE > after its done loading itll take to Settings again > tap icloud > now you can sign in using the new email for the uername

Apr 28, 2012 3:28 PM in response to RyanRieker

Ok - thanks for the help with iCloud and I think it's working - issue now is when I try to install an app the original iD shows up and I get an error message - apple support told me that I could have 1 ID for iCloud and still use the original for iTunes and app store.... Well it doesn't seem that way - what do I do now???

Got verified for I cloud now there is the wrong apple ID showing and I can't edit it in my phone or iPad- how do I change it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.