Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't copy and paste on Safari.

I cannot copy anything from Safari nor paste anything into my url bar nor any textbox on websites. What shall I do?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Safari 5.1.2

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 5:25 PM

10 replies

Apr 30, 2012 10:02 AM in response to GloriaNLMx

When you used Safari reset it clears alot of accumulated data stuff. Perhaps you can do some maintenance proceedures which can help. Here is a link to a tip sheet by user d s store explaining how to do some of these things.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3353

Some to consider would be:

2: PRAM reset

7. Hold Shift key boot for "Safe Mode"

11: Disk Utility > Repair Permissions

12: OnyX cache cleaning

If you want to try to delete the Safari prefs then this would be the way.

13: Corrupt Preferences files

Just be sure to export the bookmarks ( under the Safari file menu) so that you can import them if needed after trashing the Safari prefs

Feb 7, 2016 2:39 PM in response to dalstott

Glad I found this issue. This world today isn't ready for adults. Programming for any OS is for infants. Just typing this text is far too slow for Safari to even accept the keystrokes fast enough. Pretty world. HTML is the horror show. coloured buttons. Processors do the Big Brother job to monitor every tap and swipe of humans to log all this to me recorded and published to invade privacy, enabling corporate marketing. Today's hardware & software meld is all designed to cause mega slowdown freeze crash & reboot of System 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, to OS X the the way to El Capitan

we never got any improvements since 1970s, 1980s slow scrolling text on blackscreens, key-by-key to now have smoothscrolling

still locked in beachballs while loops beg mummydaddy internet resources. I see spinning disks collapsing grandscale soon

I can't copy and paste on Safari.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.