*Flash Player for PPC Macs*
Adobe's last release of Flash Player for PPC Macs was in November, 2010 with release 10.1.102.64 Subsequent releases are for Intel based Macs only.
To check your installed version of FlashPlayer - http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about
To update you should download:
Flash uninstaller: [http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/865/cpsid_86551.html#prob1=uninst,os=m10.6,] Make sure you get the right one.
Flash installer 10.1.102.64 [http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_10.1.102. 64_and_9.0.289.0_archive.zip] Open the archive to reveal yet more archives and multiple files. Select: flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg
1) Run Disk Utility and verify your hard drive. If the hard drive reports errors then it will need repairing first (another topic). If it verifies, run Disk Utility's repair permissions.
2) Back up your hard drive, ideally to a bootable clone. A bootable clone will allow you to restore your hard drive to its original state should something go wrong.
3) Quit all applications to ensure nothing is actively using Flash. You can even do the next step while booted to Safe Mode to make sure.
[Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode|http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107393]
[What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? (Mac OS X)|http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1564]
[Safe Boot takes longer than normal startup|http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107394]
4) Run the uninstaller application. Adobe says, "Adobe recommends that you restart your computer before you install a different version of the player."
5) Run the installer application from the .dmg file you got from the second download.
6) Use Disk Utility to repair permissions on your computer. This is important when installing anything from Adobe.
7) Restart your computer.
Adobe installs things all over your computer. Simply dragging a file or two to the trash won't ensure you have uninstalled all old file components.
Comments about Flash and Shockwave. [http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2769507]
Flash player 11.1 hack on PowerPC - https://discussions.apple.com/message/16990862
This is the latest iTunes that you can run:
This is the latest Safari that youcan run:
For the modern internet (or most anything) you need processor speed and a graphics upgrade:
At a minimum, you need a different graphics card. The Rage is pathetic.....
Is your machine a Digital Audio?
or is it a Quicksilver?
A relatively cheap but very effective upgrade for the Quicksilver is to change the processor to a 933 MHz processor.
Watch eBay for deals.
The speed of the processor helps, of course, but the 933 also has a 2 MB cache which helps greatly, especially with video.
Changing out the video card to a minimum of a Radeon 9800 Pro will also improve performance dramatically over what you currently have.
Either that or a flashed Geforce 6800 GT are very worthwhile upgrades for the Quicksilver.
Flash Player version 10.1.102.64 is the last version available to PPC Mac users. However, this Flash version won't work for many videos on Facebook, YouTube and other sites. Adobe's latest version, 10.2.x or later, is only for Intel Macs. Adobe will not provide a newer Flash version for PPC Macs.
The message requesting that you download Adobe Flash Player takes you to Flash Player requiring an Intel processor. Doesn't work on a PowerPC processor. I found a hack, installed it & it works with Firefox, TenFourFox & Safari.
Download this http://www.steelbin.com/FPforFBPPC.zip to your desktop, unzip it, and replace the current Flash Player plug-in which is in your main/Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder, (not the user Library). Save the old one just in case this one doesn't work.
Hi, I don't think we found out your exact model yet.
At the Apple Icon at top left>About this Mac.
Then click on More Info>Hardware and report this upto *but not including the Serial#*...
Machine Name: Power Mac G5 Quad
Machine Model: PowerMac11,2
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (1.1)
Number Of CPUs: 4
CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 10 GB
Bus Speed: 1.25 GHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.7f1