Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix distorted sound on Chatroulette?

Hi.
I bought my MacBook Pro back in January of 2012. From time to time I would use it to go on Chatroulette. The first month I had no problem with the sound whatsoever. I could hear people clearly and they could hear me too no problem. crystal clear. However lately people have been telling me that I sound like Darth Vader and my voice is very "low pitched or distorted".
I tried playing around with the sound settings on Chatroulette website, re-downloading/re-installing Flash Player and reset my Sound settings from System Preferences. Pretty much I've tried everything I could think of. I am almost certain this is a Flash problem because when I talk to my friends and family on Skype both sound and video are crisp and crystal clear.
Now I was wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar kind of problem and had any solutions to it.

Appreciate all the help in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 12:00 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2012 8:59 PM in response to lzahorak1

yes it's the new generation MacBook Pro 15" that I bought this January. I got it special ordered, I upgraded pretty much everything to the max so I ended up spending around $4000 and I'd be really cheesed if I can't have a simple conversation through Flash Player. I gotta say though I use my laptop for photography and music and those features are practically flawless!!

May 1, 2012 11:01 PM in response to Svensk07

yep....literally the exact same thing with me only I kept mine with the standard features. It's really weak...I wonder if it's something with being banned maybe? or warned a lot or reported as spam??? That happened to me once and to get back on, I had to "hunt for inapropriate people"...aka look for *****'...kinda sucked...I keep mine in my pants FYI. Some ******* didn't like what I had to say about his blue state 😉

How to fix distorted sound on Chatroulette?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.