Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is that loud 'tok, tok, tok "sound in my iMac?

What is that loud 'tok, tok, tok "sound in my imac? It will sound when the computer boots, and sometimes when the machine is turned on. Should be sent directly for warranty service?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2,8ghzi7,16gt,AMDR6770M512mt,1000gt

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 1:04 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2012 1:10 AM in response to RasmusLuostarinen

This could be the internal Hard Drive being a bit loud when it starts up or it could indicate a potential hard drive error.

If you check the S.M.A.R.T status of your drive in Disk Utility it should give some indication (but not always).

If the system works fine it's probably nothing to worry about, but you should probably speak to Apple Tech Support or make an appointment with an Apple Genius at your local Apple Retail Store just to be on the safe side.

If you have an external drive available to you, make a back up of your system (so you don't loose anything) in case the drive does need replaced.

What is that loud 'tok, tok, tok "sound in my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.