Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new i-mac on Thursday. Today it can't find the mouse. Help

Having bought a brand new i-mac on Thursday I tried to set it up on Friday, didn't use it yesterday and today it can't find the mouse. Yes it is switched on, yes I have tried new batteries. yes it's a disaster! What was wrong with my old PC I ask myself

iMac, iOS 5.1, Brand new.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 3:10 AM

5 replies

Apr 29, 2012 3:24 AM in response to Notill

I have experienced the EXACT same thing with my first iMac purchase. When the mouse is turned "ON" it should be blinking (green dot on the back). When it blinks it means that its unpaired. See if its blinking, if not turn it off and turn it back on and see if it blinks. If it just keeps blinking without any pairing taking place you may have a defective unit like had. just call up apple and they will give you a new mouse for free. Also go to you system preferences>energy saver>and uncheck "Put hard disk(s) to sleep whenever possible to avoid random peripheral problems.

I bought a new i-mac on Thursday. Today it can't find the mouse. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.