Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photobucket plugin removal from iPhoto 11

I'm trying to remove the photobucket plugin from iPhoto 11. I've run activity monitor and found the following files running. i've deleted these, but when I launch iPhoto again, the plugin is still visible.

Library/Application Support/iPhoto/Plugins/Photobucket.iPhotoExporter/Contents/MacOS/Photobucket

Is there anything else that I should be removing?

Thanks,

Glen

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 5:06 AM

5 replies

May 20, 2012 3:31 AM in response to Yer_Man

I've contacted Photobucket and they were hopeless. You'd think being a Photobucket Plugin, they would be able to remove their own plugin, but they cant. What they provided below didnt help. Surely there is someone with an answer.. Below is an email trail from them

Peggy, May 02 07:40 am (MDT):

It shouldn't have overwritten an IPhoto file as that should be a system file. I am assuming IPhoto came with your OS files and was not something added by you.

The only option I can give you now is to ask Mac help on removal. This is getting into your system and I personally can not see your system. I don't want to advise further and cause more issues on the machine. Mac help can advise on why the version of IPhoto you have is holding this tab. You might try rebotting and relogging into IPhoto if you haven't done so already. If it remains there then please try using IPhoto help. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

thanks!
peggy:)

--------
Search our Help & Community pages on our Support Site - http://support.photobucket.com/home or email us back if you have any other questions!

Peggy@Photobucket Support

glens22, May 01 04:14 pm (MDT):

Hi Peggy,Thanks for your reply. I have found the file you mentioned, but when I delete it and open iPhoto 11 and select export, the Photobucket tab is still present.Is it possible the file is located in a share type location or has overwritten an iPhoto file?
Glen
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 19:18:10 +0000

Peggy, May 01 01:18 pm (MDT):

Sorry. I misunderstood and thought you simply wanted to remover IPhoto permissions. Here is what you need to do to remove the plugin from your Mac.

Go to main drive - library - application support - iPhoto - -plugins - Photobucket.iPhotoExporter and trash it:) That's all.

thanks!

--------
Search our Help & Community pages on our Support Site - http://support.photobucket.com/home or email us back if you have any other questions!

Peggy@Photobucket Support

glens22, Apr 30 06:24 pm (MDT):

Hi,

So your basically saying that Photbucket, supplies the Mac iPhoto photbucket plugin to export photos, but is unable to provide a method to remove it? Surely there is a developer at Photbucket who created this application who can provide steps to remove it?

Thanks,

From: Photobucket Customer Support [mailto:support@photobucket.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 1 May 2012 7:39 AM
To: glens22
Subject: [Photobucket Customer Support] Re: Photbucket for iphoto - Mac (ticket #23548)

Peggy, Apr 30 03:39 pm (MDT):

I can't help you remove Photobucket from IPhoto but I can tell you how to remove the IPhoto App from Photobucket:) Login to your Photobucket accoutn - toggle your username down - account settings - applications and remove IPhoto:)

thanks!

May 20, 2012 5:59 AM in response to glens22

I managed to remove mine after all; still no answer from photobucket though.

It depends on whether you selected to have the plugin per user or for the whole machine during installation. If you applied to the whole machine it should be there in library / application support. Only iPhoto was in there and only one plugin in the iPhoto subfolder so I deleted the lot and photobucket disappeared when I started iPhoto again.

The other plugins (ie: mobileme and facebook) are not there, they're in the User files which is where I had been looking.

Hope it works for you.

May 21, 2012 4:05 AM in response to garlandsmith1

Hi,

I found the plugin in the library / application support folder, but when I delete it the plugin still remains. I think I may have installed it per user as well as I was installing it a few times to find out how to remove. I have another user profile on my mac which is sharing the same iphoto library. When I install the plugin for all users "computer", the plugin is visible for them and then can be removed for that user, but for my profile it seems to stick.

I've checked the Plugins folder, when I go to show package contents on iPhoto and there is no Photobucket plugin visible. All the other plugins are visible. I suspect its placing a file in another location, but I am at a loss as to where. I've just come from Windows to Mac OS!

Photobucket plugin removal from iPhoto 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.