Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yet another problem installing Rosetta

I have a macbook pro with OS X with 10.6.8 from summer of 2011, and I have done a system update very recently, but I have one program that tells me I need to install Rosetta. I have checked my reciepts and a few other things, and it seems its not just a problem running Rosetta -- its not installed at all. The message says to connect to the internet and open the program to install Rosetta, but that itsn't working even though my internet connect is good. I tried using my install disk, but rosetta is not appearing as an option in the optional installs package. Anyone have any ideas? I would be greatful for any advice you can give me, thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 6:58 AM

4 replies

Apr 29, 2012 1:42 PM in response to thainora

You're not the first to say there's a problem with the download version's availability. Unfortunately I don't have a rosetta-free system to try it from, so can't tell one way or the other if it's still being made available. It may be that Apple in their wisdom (sic) have withdrawn online support.

I'm surprised you can't find it on the DVD, though. Once again I can't check that because I only have the retail 10.6.3 disc (which it most definitely does appear on).

Have you tried both discs?

Apr 29, 2012 2:21 PM in response to noondaywitch

Unfortunately yes, I have tried both of the installation disks, with no results. For the one program I had issues with, I managed to find a way around the problem by finding a version of the program that was an Intel application rather than previous PPC option I had been attempting to use. That being said, if it were possible, it would still be nice to have Rosetta, incase I do not have the option of finding a new or updated program that was not power-pc in the future. It very well may be that Apple does not offer this support any more, so I guess I might be out of luck, but thanks anyway for your help. If you can please, let me know you hear about anyone else with this problem.

If there is anyone who has some idea as to what the problem is, I would still greatly appreciate it; however, if not, thats alright too, because for now I found a way around this issue and I am not sure that I will need it in the future. Thanks!

Yet another problem installing Rosetta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.