Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari and pdf

I guess Safari 5.1.5 or Adobe X reader 10.1.3 need 64 bit processing so uncheck 32 bit in the safari apllication get info window 🙂 It solved my PDF viewing problems!

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 10:01 AM

2 replies

May 1, 2012 4:27 PM in response to Steven Azar

I went to the Genius bar and the solution seems to be to make Safari preview your default pdf viewer for all pdf files. Then i had trouble printing the file after sucess viewing all pdf files through Safari and preview. When i clicked on the pull down menu print option if showed a blank page. I found that if i scroll down on the pdf once it was opened a printer icon appears and prints the pdf fine 🙂

May 1, 2012 4:58 PM in response to Steven Azar

larry246 your idea worked i had tried just deleting the adobepdf viewer but it didn't work so i tried your idea and placed both the adobePDFviewer pugin and the adobePDF ViewerNPAPI plugin in the disabled plug ins folder or trash and restarted my Mac and all was well again if i still want to use Adobe. If not just make Preview your defaul pdf viewer 🙂

Find the plugins in the hard drive library folder .internet plugins

safari and pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.