Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login screen goes blank with Safari

I have built a charity website for the Gurkhas www.2ndgoorkhas.com there is a secure members area which requires the member to put in their email address and password. One particular elderly member with an 9 month old Apple Mac running latest version of Safari finds that when he puts his email and password in and hits 'Sign In' the input lines go blank.

The software is Serif Webplus X5 and is working with Windows and IE and most other Apple Mac/Safari users. I am not an expert in the Mac/Safari environment and have remotely logged on to this members machine and cannot see anything obvious.

I and Serif have both tested the particular webpage with Safari in a windows environment and several Serif Forum users who are Mac users have tried the page with no problems.

I have been told that this is the forum where all the Apple experts reside who may be able to help me. I certainly hope so as this elderly gentleman would love to get on his Regimental site.

many thanks

Nigel

PowerBook, Safari

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 12:17 PM

5 replies

Apr 30, 2012 11:28 AM in response to nigel52

Okay. If there's Javascript involved, the follwig workaround is worth a try.

Perhaps switch to a different user agent prior to visiting the site (perhaps try one of the iOS ones):

User uploaded file

To get access to the User agents via the Develop Menu, go into your Safari advanced preferences and select "Show develop menu in menu bar":

User uploaded file

If he can enter his password while using a different user agent, log out again, and try going in using the default 5.1.5 user agent. Does 5.1.5 perform properly with the field now?

May 5, 2012 5:04 AM in response to b noir

Hi tried all your suggestions which unfortunately did not work. Ended up going through all the Safari options and found that if I clicked the option for User names and passwords it worked. I tried so many things that I am pretty sure that was the one that seemed to do the trick. I also clicked enable pop-ups but not sure about that one. Problem is I do not have a Mac to practice on and had to do this whilst remotely supporting an elderly member user of the website I support.

Thanks for your help.

regards

Nigel

Login screen goes blank with Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.