Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Developer forums login still broken

It might be that it's just been merged with apple communities? or this is just a developers thread about the forums rather than the developers forum itself?

Anyway, I just tried to login to the developers forum, and it brings me always to this page: https://developer.apple.com/devforums/

It doesn't say error, nor success, nothing. Just sits there. That's the link at the bottom of every apple page like this https://developer.apple.com/

I'll post my question about safari viewport here, but I tried to login to the forums (before communities?) months ago and I'm surprised the few times a year I tried to access to apple support I ALWAYS have one or another problem. If you check my previous posts you can tell most of them are access problems.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 1:44 PM

12 replies

Apr 29, 2012 2:22 PM in response to msuper69

I unmarked the topic as question, because of the title is rather a "report".

Michael Superczynski wrote:

There's nothing wrong with either of those links you posted.

Well, that's a very strong assumption.

That says

a) I'm the problem

b) Your concept of "working" is too limited

c) Its "intended behavior" is not intuitive (it does perfectly what nobody expects)

d) suck it up. It works for me hehe. (i.e. "I don't care about others because it works for me")

Or any other reason that calls at least for a "question" rather than such a strong assumption.

Besides, I never said the second page had any error. I just said the link is featured there, where all the other links are, and I wasn't accessing an old url (in case the developers forum was moved here)

The first link keeps appearing after I log-in. No redirection to the forum. I couldn't tell wether I've got successfully logged in or not, because this page keeps showing a "sign-in" button.

After logging in twice and getting the same "log-in" page, do you think "there's nothing wrong with that page"?

Apr 29, 2012 3:55 PM in response to red_menace

red_menace wrote:

These Apple Support Communities Developer Forums are seprarate from the Apple Developer Forums, which are a part of one of the paid Apple Developer Programs.

That means that the problem is either me logging in to the wrong forum or That forum not replying with the right error, e.g. "Although you have a working login to the developer's site, You are not a paid developer and can't have access to these forums"… or so.

Not wonder how Michael got 4000+ replies, whit that useless posts.

Thanks red_menace.

Apr 29, 2012 4:23 PM in response to applxperience

It depends on how you ask your question - some will guess more at what you mean than others. If you are just registered as a developer but not in one of the paid programs, you will have access to various tools and documentation, but not to the Apple Developer Forums. I'm not in a paid program and therefore haven't tried going there, so I don't know about how useful the error messages are (or aren't).

Apr 29, 2012 4:38 PM in response to applxperience

applxperience wrote:

That says

a) I'm the problem

That's pretty clear 🙂

The Developer portal and forums are working fine.

You mentioned before that you don't login there very often. That may be the problem. Apple updates the Developer Agreement a few times a year and you need to re-agree in order to continue to access any of the resources. If you login to the main Developer portal page, you should see a notice to that effect.

Apr 30, 2012 7:04 AM in response to etresoft

Not logging-in often is not a problem.

Not showing a agreement and taking you back to the login screen over and over no notice IS a problem. Oh, and blaming others or using the forums as a chat with short useless answers to get king of the forums is another problem. The idea of a missed agreement which one knows nothing about preventing to log-in means "error", and thinking it's correct and blaming the user is preposterous.

I just logged-in to the main dev center (https://developer.apple.com) successfully.

No notice of agreement.

Etresoft: Please don't post anymore. Leave the topic clean for others willing to help, so they don't get intimidated by getting into personal conversations. I need others help. You are welcome to contribute in a thread or letter way. This is not a chat and I think the right way to contribute is like one would write a letter: considering it takes time for the response to come back so we write more than a line, a few options, a few questions, posibilities, etc.

Writting "What do you mean?" or "there's no way that's so" are useless responseses and discourages others to participate. Thanks.

Apr 30, 2012 7:45 AM in response to applxperience

applxperience wrote:

Etresoft: Please don't post anymore. Leave the topic clean for others willing to help, so they don't get intimidated by getting into personal conversations. I need others help. You are welcome to contribute in a thread or letter way. This is not a chat and I think the right way to contribute is like one would write a letter: considering it takes time for the response to come back so we write more than a line, a few options, a few questions, posibilities, etc.

Writting "What do you mean?" or "there's no way that's so" are useless responseses and discourages others to participate. Thanks.

What? Usually I have to poke someone 5 or 6 times with a sharp stick before they ask me to leave. I will honour your request, but with one last, vain attempt to help.

The Developer portal works fine for everyone else. Clear your browser cache and your cookies and try again. If that doesn't help, contact Developer support. There is nothing any of us can do to fix it and you have given us little incentive to try.

Adieu, mon ami.

Apr 30, 2012 8:21 AM in response to etresoft

etresoft wrote:

What? Usually I have to poke someone 5 or 6 times with a sharp stick before they ask me to leave.

I know your type without 5-6 answers. Anyone can tell by your 4000+ answers and the quality of the first: It clearly shows more willing to get higher "posts" (not answers) count than willing to help.

Here's your stick: The little incentive was just for you. I'm not interested in your help if we have to stand your empty posts for the "king of the forum" race.

Que te garúe finito.

Developer forums login still broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.