Skip navigation

How to..?

395 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 7:44 AM by Rosy1 RSS
Rosy1 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 29, 2012 2:52 PM

I accidently trashed my download icon on the bar at the bottom of my screen where the trash can is on .. how can l get it to go back please.. ? Also can l connect my Samsung phone into my iMac to get the photo's of it..?Also i have vidio's on Sky-Drive and wish to put them on my iMac they have uploaded but cannot see how to put them into my iphoto.. Also can l connect my media drive that came with my old windows PC into my iMac..for extra storage..?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • seventy one Level 6 Level 6 (8,525 points)
    Apr 29, 2012 3:04 PM (in response to Rosy1)

You should be able to download your photos via a media reader (Kingston make a relatively inexpensive one, though there must be many others).   Using it is a very simple drag and drop operation.

Apr 29, 2012 3:38 PM (in response to Rosy1)

You'll have to review the instructions on your drive.   My Kingston media reader instructions say it works with both Windows and Apple OS.   Can't verify that as I only use Apple, but that's what they say.   It also says it has no need for a drive.

• Paul_31 Level 6 Level 6 (12,220 points)
    Apr 30, 2012 2:43 AM (in response to Rosy1)

For your Downloads folder issue, open a new Finder Window and drag the folder 'Downloads' to the Dock, somewhere between the dotted rule and the Trash  (but not in it ). Let go and that should replace the missing icon.

Apr 30, 2012 5:12 AM (in response to Rosy1)

Hi Rosy,

Looks like Paul 31 has the answer to one of them.   The downloading of videos I can't help you with I'm afraid; if you don't get a reply try re-posting in iMovie.   Thanks for the points.

• Manuelntu Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Apr 30, 2012 5:37 AM (in response to Rosy1)

To get back the downloads flder go to finder>your user account>drag and drop the "downloads folder into the dock. Yes you can connect your samsung phone to your iMac. It should bring up a folder of some sort on your desktop. Click on it to access whats on your phone's memory card. Drag and drop the pictures from that folder to your desktop or where you want to keep them. As for the videos im not sure about skydrive so can't be much help. Cheers!

-Manuel

• Manuelntu Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Apr 30, 2012 6:41 AM (in response to Rosy1)

Click on the Finder on your dock Screen shot 2012-04-30 at 9.36.08 PM.pnggo to the use account you are using Screen shot 2012-04-30 at 9.37.47 PM.png

Drag and drop the folder into your dock.Screen shot 2012-04-30 at 9.40.50 PM.png

Cheers, -Manuel

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.