Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto syncing wrong pictures

When I sync my phone to iTunes, I have certain albums that I want to sync to it. I have those albums set up correctly in iPhoto. What's strange is that iPhoto syncs pictures that have nothing to do with the album. For instance, I want to sync an album of one of my pets. In iPhoto, I can confirm 100% that all the photos there are correct. Yet somehow on my iPhone when I go to that album there are pictures of a family event that I dont want synced on my phone. They are in a completely different album and event.

There are a few things I have tried to fix this. I have told the albums not to sync to my phone, synced, then told them to sync again and sync. Didn't work. I have stopped all photos from syncing to my phone, then readded them. Didn't work. I have closed both programs, and restarted, and synced. Didn't work.

Couple of odd things to note as well. The number of images and their position is always correct. If there is 84 pictures in the album in iPhoto, there are 84 pictures in the album on my iPhone, though not all of them are the correct pictures. The pictures that are correct are in the right place. So if photo #4 is supposed to be there, it is the fourth picture in the iPhoto album.

Is this happening to anyone else? It just started randomly.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 10:41 PM

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for the iPod Photo Cache.

Trash it. Start iPhoto and try sync again.

Regards

TD

4 replies

iPhoto syncing wrong pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.