Previous 1 2 3 Next 35 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2014 1:40 PM by Brookssea
mrk1295 Level 1 Level 1

I recently got a new iMac, and in order to make my first app purchase on the computer, I need to answer some of the security questions set for my Apple ID. The problem: I made the Apple ID (and the security questions) about seven years ago or so. Therefore, I don't quite remember the answers. I have money on the account, and the account is on all of my other devices, so I don't want to delete the account.

iMac
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.safari
    Safari

Hi..

You can edit your security questions and answers >  Apple - My Apple ID

• LMC-13 Level 1 Level 1

In order to use the link above edit the answers to the security questions you need know the answers to the original questions.  So, this is pretty useless.

• christsai Level 1 Level 1

I was so bothered by this security feature, which is completely stupid.  One needs to remember Apple ID, password, and answers to the questions.  I wanted to call Apple Support but my product is not ligible.  Could you please give them a call and post their respose?  Many thanks!

• Soda28 Level 1 Level 1

this is tru

im having trouble with the same thing and

the link above does not help

• avatam Level 1 Level 1

I am having the same problem. No luck finding a solution so far.

• chimpydimpy Level 1 Level 1

If you dont remember your security answers, you can get reset email, provided you have rescue email set in your profile.

Try signin in to : http://appleid.apple.com/signin

Then click on "Password and Security" tab on left, in new Page, on right hand side, below the two questions, you will see link to get the reset email. If you dont see that, may be you can call them and ask.

• LoRaeMe Level 1 Level 1

Someone hacked my account and filled in my security questions and I have no idea what they are and cannot change them. Of course I changed my password now, but why are we not able to manage our own account? Someone hacks my account and has more control over my account then I do!! Apple-please help with this!!

• ambarishmalpani Level 1 Level 1

I am facing the same problem as LoRaeMe - somebody has messed up my security answers and I can't change them anymore (even though I can log into my account).

Ambarish

• rubes35 Level 1 Level 1

im having the same problem how do you chane your security questions?!

• terryfromnd Level 1 Level 1

Same here. I think I'm beginning to see a pattern?

• noah61 Level 1 Level 1

I called apple and told them my situation. They were able to sort it all out (it did take me a good 25 minutes though). If your persistant you can do it.

• terryfromnd Level 1 Level 1

Once I utilized the correct number was able to make contact and problem was solved. I might mention the person who assisted me was very courteous,friendly and efficent. Certainly made my day.

• chocolate365 Level 1 Level 1

I woke up this morning to find an email telling me that the security info for my Apple ID had just been changed, blah, blah, blah, reset password, blah, blah, blah, manage account.

I immediately changed my password, then went to change my security info, and did not even recognize one of the security questions much less remember the answer.  This was on my MobileMe account.  I have not yet migrated to iCloud (waiting to make sure Apple's caught every possible bug before I do).  You other folks who have had the same kind of problem:  was it on a MobileMe Apple ID?  Do you suppose Apple sent this email to get my attention so that I would finally make the switch to iCloud?

Or is there someone out there messing with people's security questions?

What number did you call to get it straightened out?

Thanks.

• Steve @ 316 Level 1 Level 1

Same problem here. I would have NEVER used those questions. So how could I possibly know the answer. What's even more frustrating is the fact there is NO reset button or anything. Even those that have solved the problem by calling have still listed what the solution was,.. Has anyone found a solution?

Previous 1 2 3 Next