Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

avchd (mts) iMovie importing

after reading a number of threads and comments - i stubbled upon a solution that idk if others have posted -

I have a new canon vixia HF M500 - records in avchd - to upload both to upload from the SD card in my macbook pro slot - you need to "import from camera"

for what ever reason the macbook sees the card as the camera

Anyone smart enough to explain this apparent simple solution to what seemed like a "copy-convert-import" hassle

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 6:46 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2012 6:49 PM in response to Bruce Goldberg2

Some people drag their .mts files off the card and store them on the Mac. They find that iMovie does not know how to handle them without the context of all the folders on the card. In this case, they must be converted.

So the best way to do it is to import directly from the card, or alternatively, to use the import screen to Create a Camera Archive. This will make a copy of the contents of the card, but will preserve the folder structure, so iMovie can import it.

avchd (mts) iMovie importing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.