Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSight: There is no connected camera?!?

Has anyone ran into this problem and know how to fix it?

User uploaded file

Never had this problem before... Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Quad Core i7 8GB Ram 750GB 7200

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 11:55 PM

13 replies

Apr 30, 2012 8:26 AM in response to NightNinjaPDX

• Try all relevant Apple Troubleshooting suggestions here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2090.

Be sure to check more than one Apple camera-enabled app in more than one

user account. However, don't use the "Guest" account for testing.

If your Mac only has one account, create a new user account for testing.

• If your trouble persists, use your Mac's Disk Utility to repair permissions.

Then download and apply the latest Combo Update, for your Mac OS,

the current one for Lion is at: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484.

Repair permissions again immediately following the system restart

that completes the Combo update.

Properly applying the Combo version of updates can sometimes correct software problems, but, if your trouble is caused by a hardware problem, there are no user serviceable parts of iSight. For hardware help, contact an Apple-Authorized Service Provider for service.

The same Troubleshooting help for built-in iSight works for Apple's built-in FaceTime and FaceTime HD cameras, too.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.7.3

Apr 30, 2012 4:48 PM in response to NightNinjaPDX

Will Apple try to fix it if I bring it to the Apple Store? If they cannot will they exchange this MBP for a different one?

I think yes to the first question. I don't know but probably not to the second because it may be an academic question. Even if they have to replace the entire logic board on your machine they would still consider that a repair. They will fix it no matter how much it cost them in replacement parts and labor! 😉

May 4, 2012 4:51 AM in response to NightNinjaPDX

NightNinjaPDX wrote: ... Will Apple try to fix it if I bring it to the Apple Store? ...

Yes, but expect to leave your Mac with them for service.

If you don't already have one, make a backup before taking it to the Store.

NightNinjaPDX wrote: ... If they cannot will they exchange this MBP for a different one?

Only Apple can answer that, but it is a fair question when you take it in for service.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.7.3

May 6, 2012 11:22 PM in response to EZ Jim

Wanted to update everyone, just receive my MacBook pro back and Apple as always provided amazing service. Apple Care covered my repair, because the cable that connects from the logic board to the isight/facetime camera was flawed. Apple replaced my HD isight camera and logic board and on top of that, they evern cleaned the inside of my mac completely. Apple Care is worth it!

Thanks Apple and everyone who replied tot his thread.

iSight: There is no connected camera?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.