Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstate Bounce Mail

Apple, please reinstate the ability to bounce mail.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 1:19 AM

11 replies

Apr 30, 2012 1:30 AM in response to Jon Howell

First off don't shout. Secondly you are not talking to Apple, this is just a help forum, thirdly why does anyone want to reinstate the the ability to spam people? Bounce was an awful idea. If you get spam, ignoring and deleing it is the best idea, or blocking it altogether. Bouncing mail back to some poor unfortunate person who had their mail addressed spoofed is not an answer really.

Jun 22, 2012 1:57 PM in response to Jon Howell

Doubt it will help since Apple seems to ignore what long time users want and like so they can pander to the computer illiterate. Like removing Save As from their menus ~ yes I understand how to save using Lion, to actually Save As now requires several extra steps.

Bounce may help stop spam in some cases, but I found it more useful trying to shake stalkers. After a foray into online dating, a couple years ago, I found it extremely useful.

By all means please bring back Bounce!

Dec 7, 2012 9:12 AM in response to BIGDRW

BigDrw - I completely agree with you. I think a lot of the rude people here are probably pretty good people underneath it all. They probably have their own issues and problems they are dealing with and they forget who they are. Of course, there will always be your honest to goodness A holes. God bless them, too.

Reinstate Bounce Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.