3 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 7:55 PM by Jaygyver
deragen Level 1 Level 1

I go to install windows 7 suport on the mac because of my gaming and it goes fine until it has to download the files then it will say its not conected to the internet but my internet conection is fine and conected please help p.s. I love mac

• Jaygyver Level 3 Level 3

What Mac OS are you using? 10.6 or 10.7? And what computer year/model are you trying to install this on?

The Apple servers are slow and finicky for some people it seems so you may have to just keep trying.

Also, try looking in the System Preferences/ Network/ Advanced/ Proxies and make sure Auto Proxy Discovery is UNchecked and make sure you hit Apply, having it checked can bugger up the download for some computers.

You may also want to re-start Boot Camp Assistant after changing it to make sure it see's the change if it was checked

Here's a link to a quick search I did for some more information.

• Probie1983 Level 1 Level 1

You may also want to try going into your network settings and enter the info for your internet provider and any security passwords that will allow windows to connect to it.

Once connected, you should be in business.

Hope this helps.

• Jaygyver Level 3 Level 3

Unfortunately he's still on the Mac side with BCAssistant trying to download the drivers if I read his post right. It's seems to be an on going problem for some computers.