Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple restore recently deleted email on iCloud?

I have hard-deleted (Command-Delete) my inbox due to a fat-fingered error.

I can restore the messages older than today from Time Machine, as I backed up last night.

I have also used Data Rescue 3 to recover all the *.emlx files deleted today, but this appears to include files deleted from caches or similar, as there are more than 2,000 and some are years old stuff which is definitely still present and filed away. They are not well-labelled.

So, I would rather avoid trawling through the Data Rescue 3 *.emlx files, but I need a way to recover mail I was sent since my most recent Time Machine backup.

Does anyone have experience asking Apple Support to restore deleted messages? Can/will they do it?

I would rather know if I am likely to succeed before paying the £25 for 'single incident' support, but I am sufficiently busy that I will pay to get this fixed if it saves me trawling the files!

Thanks in advance for any pointers or support anyone can give.

Leo

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 2:36 AM

There are no replies.

Will Apple restore recently deleted email on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.