Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes, app store, safari + others Hang when opened

I noticed that itunes, app store, safri and a few other applications hang when opened. I'll open on safair and it will bounce for a long time and eventually a window pops up, but it is still beach balled. The same thing happens for the other applications. I have tried to do the normal disk utilities Verify and repair permissions to no avail.

I have also done/know the following:

Setup 1: Normal boot Main account --> unable to open safari.(itunes, app store...)

Setup 1: Normal boot Guest account --> itunes, app store, safari and others work properly.

Setup 2: Safe boot Main account --> unable to open safari.(itunes, app store...)

Setup 2: Safe boot guest account --> itunes, app store, safari and others work properly.

If i open the console i get the following repeatedly after opening the application where the 41204 is incremented.

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: (com.apple.cookied[41204]) Job appears to have crashed: Segmentation fault: 11

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: (com.apple.cookied) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

ReportCrash: Saved crash report for cookied[41204] version ??? (???) to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/cookied_2012-04-30-094232_apserv er.crash

ReportCrash: Removing excessive log: file://localhost/Users/USERNAME/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/cookied_2012-04- 30-092112_apserver.crash

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 9:57 AM

There are no replies.

Itunes, app store, safari + others Hang when opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.