Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro 7 Timeline Sync Issue

I can't pin-point exactly when it started, but over the past couple months I have had an issue with the audio playing out of sync from the video in the timeline. I'm using DSLR footage that I've ran through MPEG Streamclip, to both XDCAM EX and ProRes(LT), either way the video plays out of sync. It plays fine in the viewer window, and is in sync when scrubbing or moving through the timeline frame by frame, but as soon as I hit play the audio runs about 3 frames earlier than the video. It exports in sync as well, so lately I've just been making do, but its very frustrating.

Working with the same footage on an iMac with half the power of this Mac Pro, there's no lag so it really shouldn't be because the computer's not powerful enough. And while working with footage that was recorded directly to Prores, things run perfectly in sync. I am completely baffled, any ideas?

Thanks.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Dual 3.2 GHz Quad-Core, 18gb ram

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 9:17 AM

3 replies

Final Cut Pro 7 Timeline Sync Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.