Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage automatic deactivation

Hi, I purchased a used Iphone 3gs that I gave my mom. I plugged in her SIM card, but then she told me to take the purchased phone with me and set it up and then bring it back a week later with all the apps and settings.

She put the SIM back in her older Iphone 3G. What I didn't realize that iMessage registered itself on the new device. So day after day as I tried to message her, it would switch to iMessage format (blue), despite her not having it. After about 5 days, it finally stopped doing it, and it resumed back to regular green SMS format.

Today, when I put her sim card into the newer phone, iMessage would activate, but it doesn't send messages, nor receive and if I try to send her a message now, it no longer turns blue.

I tried googling this issue, but since the device is registered to someone else we cannot unregister the device.

Any suggestions how to get iMessage back?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 2:24 PM

There are no replies.

iMessage automatic deactivation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.