Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store Not Loading

The iTunes Store won't load. After opening iTunes and clicking on Store, the loading bar appears at the top with the stripes (before the actual loading begins), then never finishes. Running the Network Connectivity Test in Diagnostics from the Help menu, it says my Internet connection is verified, but says "Secure link to iTunes Store failed." When I press the Help key next to this, I can't connect to the Help either. iTunes is allowed through the firewall. I have tried uninstalling ande reinstalling iTunes, updating it, and logging in with different Apple IDs, and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions for how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

Alienware M14X

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1

Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

8GB RAM

iTunes version 10.6.1.7

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 2:58 PM

Close your iTunes,

Go to command Prompt -

(Win 7/Vista) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES, right mouse click "Command Prompt", choose "Run as Administrator".

(Win XP SP2 & above) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/Command Prompt

In the "Command Prompt" screen, type in

netsh winsock reset

Hit "ENTER" key

Restart your computer.

If you do get a prompt after restart windows to remap LSP, just click NO.

Now launch your iTunes and see if it is working now.

If you are still having these type of problems after trying the winsock reset, refer to this article to identify which software in your system is inserting LSP:

iTunes 10.5 for Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4123?viewlocale=en_US

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2012 2:58 PM in response to GMinin

Close your iTunes,

Go to command Prompt -

(Win 7/Vista) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES, right mouse click "Command Prompt", choose "Run as Administrator".

(Win XP SP2 & above) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/Command Prompt

In the "Command Prompt" screen, type in

netsh winsock reset

Hit "ENTER" key

Restart your computer.

If you do get a prompt after restart windows to remap LSP, just click NO.

Now launch your iTunes and see if it is working now.

If you are still having these type of problems after trying the winsock reset, refer to this article to identify which software in your system is inserting LSP:

iTunes 10.5 for Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

Jun 25, 2012 12:59 PM in response to wiclee

Wiclee, I have the same problem as the original post (itunes store won't load) but I don't have Alienware. I have Windows Vista operating system and only a windows firewall plus Avast antivirus. I have tried absolutely everything to get iTunes working. I tried the command prompt thing you suggested and it didn't work. I looked at the article you gave a link to and that didnt help. I did have the CA Security Suite program that was on that list but I am not sure about now. I had the Suite when I got my computer but the program has been expired now for 688 days. ( It tells me everytime I turn on the computer) I tried to delete it a long time ago because I got a new antivirus but it won't delete completely because I cannot remember the parental controls password. Anyway, I tried deleting the autorun for it under the Winsock tab on autoruns but my iTunes still isn't working. I have tried to enable iTunes in every place possible but with no results. I just downloaded the new iTunes 10.6. I have avoided upgrading for over a year because I had this exact problem the last time I downloaded a new version. I never did find anything that worked then, it just started working after about 3 1/2 months. The only difference was last time the iTunes store would just have a list of a bunch of hyperlinks stack on top of each other and now it is just a blank page. I would appreciate ANY help you can give me.

Jun 28, 2012 9:38 AM in response to wiclee

Thanks wiclee

I used the below link to trouble shoot:

Dowloaded "autoruns" for windows and run

Identify the non-bonjour / MS programs that were creating conflict under the "winsock provider" tab

In my case it was "

SpeedBit Video Accelerator SBLSP over [MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]]

"

I had uninstalled the program and hence the updates were not happening
I just deleted the entires in the "winsock provider" window and vola!

working fine!!!

Nov 17, 2012 9:00 AM in response to Killa26

I have the same problem with my McBook Pro... Itunes appears as if it is opening the page or location, the scroll bar on top keeps running but nothing happens. When I shut down Ituens and re-start the program, it will work for one command, but after that I am unable to click going anywhere else... re-loading the page does not work or resolve my issue either.

iTunes Store Not Loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.