Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Vcard Import to iMAC

Helly Everyone.

I am trying to import a list of Vcards - about 350 -. Via the file menu the system will only allow me to import one vcard at a time. Now if I try to drag&drop the full list of vcards on the Addressbook icon, the Addressbook then gets updated. However after closing and then reopening the adressbook, the previous imported contact list is lost. Very strange. Anyone any clue?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 6:22 PM

Sounds like there may be a corruption in the vCard data but try this, it has worked for me in the past.

Import the full list of vCards as you have been doing, all at once. Now before you exit out of Address Book, select all of the contacts you just imported. Go to the file menu and choose to export as a vCard and save it to your desktop. So you are essentially taking all the individual vCards you just imported and exporting them as a single vCard.

Now close Address Book and relaunch. The contacts will be gone but this time re import the single vCard you just created and saved to the desktop.

Now close Address Book and relaunch and see if that works.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2012 6:22 PM in response to AddyOn

Sounds like there may be a corruption in the vCard data but try this, it has worked for me in the past.

Import the full list of vCards as you have been doing, all at once. Now before you exit out of Address Book, select all of the contacts you just imported. Go to the file menu and choose to export as a vCard and save it to your desktop. So you are essentially taking all the individual vCards you just imported and exporting them as a single vCard.

Now close Address Book and relaunch. The contacts will be gone but this time re import the single vCard you just created and saved to the desktop.

Now close Address Book and relaunch and see if that works.

Multiple Vcard Import to iMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.