Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Apps But Can't Download

I deleted a bunch of apps from my new iPad after I synced it to iTunes because I'd never use them on it and as my iPad is mostly for work, I didn't want them clogging up the memory or the screen. Big mistake.

I have now lost those apps on my laptop in iTunes. I had them on my iPhone still but then I wiped it clean to try to resolve another issue (noise cancelling mic not working) and now I don't have them anywhere.

I went into iTunes, into Apps, and the ones that are missing are greyed out with a '!' beside the name. When I right click on them and ask to open in finder, it says they can't be located. I went to one that was there and opened in finder and looked for the missing ones in among the ones that are there but they're gone.

So I did what I read here and went into Apps Store, hit the 'purchased' button and there they all are BUT they all say 'downloaded' so I can't download them because there's no button to activate a download. A lot of them were purchased, some at quite a bit of money.

Help?

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 7:40 PM

I SOLVED IT!!!!!!!!

I went onto my iPhone and opened the APP store. I clicked on 'Purchased' and then 'Not On This iPhone". There were all of the missing ones and a little cloud with an arrow and when I clicked on that, it downloaded into the phone.

YIPPEEEEE!!!!!

2 replies

Lost Apps But Can't Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.