Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

many duplicates in iPhoto

Hi, I have soooo many duplicates in iPhoto, as well as contacts again, maybe it is iCloud, but there must be someway to "find and delete duplicate photos" automatically! Help!! Overwhelmed. Thanks much, C

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 9:34 PM

No - iPhoto has no way to "automatically find and delete duplicates"

And this forum is not a good place for contact support -- or for iCloud support - it is just iPhoto users trying to help each other use iPhoto better

You really need to share come information like version of iPhoto, what recently happened, etc - no one can help you with the total lack of information that you posted

The most common cause of "Sooooo many duplicates" in iPhoto is importing an old iPhoto library into an iPhoto library - in that case the best soution is to drag the bad iPhoto library ot the desktop and drag the old iPhoto library to the pictures folder (the default location) and launch iPhoto

But with no information that is just a wild guess based of previous experiance

LN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2012 9:34 PM in response to behappybehave

No - iPhoto has no way to "automatically find and delete duplicates"

And this forum is not a good place for contact support -- or for iCloud support - it is just iPhoto users trying to help each other use iPhoto better

You really need to share come information like version of iPhoto, what recently happened, etc - no one can help you with the total lack of information that you posted

The most common cause of "Sooooo many duplicates" in iPhoto is importing an old iPhoto library into an iPhoto library - in that case the best soution is to drag the bad iPhoto library ot the desktop and drag the old iPhoto library to the pictures folder (the default location) and launch iPhoto

But with no information that is just a wild guess based of previous experiance

LN

Apr 30, 2012 11:33 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks much for reply and advice!

I am totally new to forums, as you can see.

I am also not a whiz at iPhoto '11, version 9.2.1

I do not know if there is more than one library, or if I remove one library, if some of the photos not duplicated would be lost.

It is a bit of an iCloud issue as there is streaming and iClouding of photos as well as other data ~ I believe, but don't really know ; ) My contacts are sure wildly multiplying between ipad, iPhone and computer, that's for sure.

You have a marvelous evening and thanks again LN. Nice ~ will try.

C

many duplicates in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.